Saturday, January 19, 2008

New Year, New Post Part 2: Holiday Festivities Condensed

Many things have happened between Thanksgiving and today- too many to go into detail. Here are pictures of all that's gone on (I think):

Mom's and my annual Christmas Brunch: All the ladies from church are invited, and we eat (a lot) and play Dirty Santa.

Lauren & Amy admire the Christmas geese.

Marla hopes her gift will not be taken away.



Nancy stole the geese!

Finals: These were particularly rough last semester, but thanks to a lot of help from my instructors and the power of prayer, I made it. :-) These are a couple of pictures of my graphic organizer for my nutrition & metabolism class. It is an extremely basic version of everything I was supposed to learn in that class.



Jonathan's birthday: Jonathan & Elizabeth came down for his b'day weekend. It was a lot of fun to watch Savannah help her daddy open his presents. :-) On Saturday night we had some friends over, most of whom have small children. What a riot! They all loved playing in the cardboard x-mas playhouse that my parents have. There's never a dull moment with that many toddlers running around! Ty enjoyed playing with the spinning tops.

Alexandra came dressed as a beautiful princess, and soon found a chariot that was just her size.

Kate liked the little rocking chair.

Hayden & Kate had fun playing with blocks.

Sarah loved Savannah's booster seat!

Sarah also had fun carrying a basket around.

Savannah hamming it up in the playhouse.


Jonathan was given several new shirts for his b'day.

Falls Family Christmas: Every year Mom's side of the family gets together on Christmas Eve. Since there are so many of us, we play Dirty Santa. It's always interesting to see what people are going to bring because there really aren't any rules about gifts other than a price limit. This year everyone was there! :-) The little kids had a great time playing with flashlights in a cardboard box while the rest of us visited and ate. I made Grandmother's brownies deluxe, and had a bit of a mishap because I forgot to use the biggest pan I had. It turned out fine, but I ended up trimming off some that had gone over the sides of the pan. It was one of those laugh or cry moments, so of course I had to get the camera and laugh.

Mom & I laughed so hard at this!

Elizabeth hoping to get a good gift.

Waiting to see what will happen next.


Savannah & Connor wishing they were outside.

Granddaddy & Grandmother looking very festive.

This is probably the best picture of all the grandkids we've ever had! :-)

Bailey Family Christmas: Our Christmas was exciting, mostly because of Savannah. Mom & Dad got her a kitchen set, and that was the only thing she was interested in. That also happens to be the only thing I got a picture of; the other pics are courtesy of Mom. We actually opened presents with J&E on Christmas Eve, and then did the rest on Christmas day. It was really great to be with them two weekends in a row!

I gave Savannah an apron to go with her new kitchen.

Savannah making alphabet soup.

Dad got the Bose earphones he'd been hinting for.

I got a new tv that I asked for but never expected to get.

Jonathan, Elizabeth, & Savannah pose for a family picture.

New Year's: Dad, Mom, & I went up to J&E's for a few days. We had a great time being with family and friends and spoiling Savannah. :-)


Although this isn't a great picture of Savannah, I find it amusing. She always has a favorite item with her, and in this case, she has three: her baby, her pacifier, & my purse.

No comments: